What many consider the 'proper' start of the cycling season is just over a week away, with a number of big-name riders beginning their 2020s this past week.
With this, 'cycling Twitter' is very much back and very much alive. We have Tom Pidcock tweeting about some very private matters, Geraint Thomas putting best mate Wout Poels on blast, and Arkéa-Samsic really upping their social content game to go along with their winning start to the year. In the words of Thibaut Pinot, Julian Alaphilippe and every other Frenchman who speaks the language: Allez!
2. Can we get Conor Dunne presenting the weather on TV asap please?
3. Bike racing improvement no. 1,365: How much time you beat the rest of the field by should dictate how much clothing you take off and donate to the crowd on the finishing straight.
4. One thing I absolutely didn't predict happening in 2020 is Arkéa-Samsic potentially becoming my favourite team
5. Tour Colombia is quickly climbing up my bike race bucket list
6. There has never, and will never, be a better nickname than DJ Breadsticks
7. If you ever wonder whether you're oversharing on Twitter, this...this is too much
8. Getting in the 'oops sorry, classic baby brain' excuse early for when he attacks Egan Bernal and Chris Froome during the Tour de France this year. I like it G.
9. A cracking photobomb
10. Sometimes it's too cold to ride your bike, so instead, just lie next to it and make snow angels
We’ll be back in seven days’ time for more of the best from social media across the cycling world.
Thank you for reading 5 articles this month* Join now for unlimited access
Enjoy your first month for just £1 / $1 / €1
*Read 5 free articles per month without a subscription
Join now for unlimited access
Try first month for just £1 / $1 / €1
Hi. I'm Cycling Weekly's Weekend Editor. I like writing offbeat features and eating too much bread when working out on the road at bike races.
Before joining Cycling Weekly I worked at The Tab and I've also written for Vice, Time Out, and worked freelance for The Telegraph (I know, but I needed the money at the time so let me live).
I also worked for ITV Cycling between 2011-2018 on their Tour de France and Vuelta a España coverage. Sometimes I'd be helping the producers make the programme and other times I'd be getting the lunches. Just in case you were wondering - Phil Liggett and Paul Sherwen had the same ham sandwich every day, it was great.
There’s a cycling horror movie, and it looks awesome...ly bad
A cycling team on high altitude camp, mysterious murders and a love triangle — what else could you want?
By Anne-Marije Rook • Published
Christmas bike sales 2022: our handpicked selection of the best deals
Looking for a bargain this festive season? Here's a collection of the best deals we found across GPS units and watches, shoes, clothing and much more!
By Anna Marie Hughes • Published