The cycling universe has descended on Yorkshire this week for the UCI World Road Championships, and what a week it's been already, with the men and women's elite road races still to come.
We've had electric time trials, great road racing and most importantly, a full portion of British weather so that the rest of the world is under no illusions about where the Championships are being held.
Here is our Yorkshire special, and yes, a fair few of these tweets are about the rain.
1. Potentially rather disastrous if you get these two mixed up.
2. Breaking: Philippe Gilbert caught motor doping during training ride.
3. A story in two parts.
4. Part two.
5. These time-trial specialists, ey, eking out marginal gains wherever possible.
6. For those hoping to post a quick time trial time, I would recommend not warming up on vegan sausage roll-ers.
7. Destined to be one of the best cycling images of the year.
8. A lesser known prize available for the juniors competing in the Worlds, crashing so heroically you get tweeted by Geraint Thomas.
9. No altitude camps necessary for Yorkshire, riders just need to have made sure they'd packed their armbands.
10. Maybe this would have been enough water for the U23 men's time trial to be called off.
11. It wouldn't be a 'tweets of the week' if there wasn't at least one from Thomas De Gendt.
We’ll be back in seven days’ time for more of the best from social media across the cycling world.
Thank you for reading 5 articles this month* Join now for unlimited access
Enjoy your first month for just £1 / $1 / €1
*Read 5 free articles per month without a subscription
Join now for unlimited access
Try first month for just £1 / $1 / €1
Hi. I'm Cycling Weekly's Weekend Editor. I like writing offbeat features and eating too much bread when working out on the road at bike races.
Before joining Cycling Weekly I worked at The Tab and I've also written for Vice, Time Out, and worked freelance for The Telegraph (I know, but I needed the money at the time so let me live).
I also worked for ITV Cycling between 2011-2018 on their Tour de France and Vuelta a España coverage. Sometimes I'd be helping the producers make the programme and other times I'd be getting the lunches. Just in case you were wondering - Phil Liggett and Paul Sherwen had the same ham sandwich every day, it was great.
Cycling grew more than other transport types over the pandemic, data shows
Latest Department for Transport figures show that cycling continued its rise in 2021, but may have now fallen away
By Adam Becket • Published
GC riders hit the ground running with a stage one time trial at next year's Giro d'Italia Grande Partenza
The 18.4km test is followed by a 204km road stage, both in Italy's Abruzzo region
By James Shrubsall • Published
How many calories do you burn winning the World Championship road race?
It’s the equivalent of six margherita pizzas, according to Remco Evenepoel's Strava data
By Tom Davidson • Published
Don’t expect too much from Zoe Bäckstedt, says teenager’s British Cycling coach
Junior academy coach Emma Trott has warned against piling pressure on the 18-year-old
By Tom Davidson • Published