Edvald Boasson Hagen’s nickname of ‘Eddy the Boss’ was given new meaning after it came to light that he completed an epic 6.5 hour Zwift session on a cycling treadmill.
This equated to 212km of virtual distance covered for the three-time Tour de France stage winner. However how does this compare to the achievements of the normal male or female cyclist on the street (or pain cave)?
>> Subscribe to Cycling Weekly this Autumn and save 35%. Enjoy the luxury of home delivery and never miss an issue <<
We asked our collective social media followers what was the longest time or virtual distance they have endured on a turbo trainer session and there are some efforts that match the Norwegian rider.
Here are a selection of some of the best.
1. Who knew turbo training could result in knighthoods?
2. It may well be the easiest way to get one
3. Or a damehood?
4. Working up a mental sweat as well
5. Because what else are you going to do whilst working abroad?
6. Assuming these documentaries were based around torture?
7. Gone in 60… minutes
8. New year, new me is well and truly over
9. Hardcore and old school
10. One way to keep the family happy over Christmas
11. I think we have a winner
Let us know on our social media channels of any other epic indoor riding you get up to this winter.