The first few weeks of 2021 have been dedicated to winter training for the pros.
Most teams are currently undergoing their winter training camps across Europe, with many squads opting for the warmer climates of Spain.
While it often stings to watch the pros riding in shorts during the winter in the UK and parts of the US, it's not always sunshine and espressos.
This week's tweets of the week is dedicated to the winter training camp - here are just a few of our favour social media posts from the last seven days:
1. There is video evidence of this moment online...
2. They could at least have given Dowsett a real challenge
3. Egan Bernal appears to have entered witness protection
4. Pundits at the time said Alberto Bettiol would one day win Flanders
5. Cannondale showing the scale of their TT bikes
6. Inside an Ineos training camp, featuring A LOT of Rohan Dennis
7. I could do with this cassette for the gentle hills during winter
8. The split personality of winter training locations
9. That buckle should be a quick fix...right?
10. Don't be too disheartened if world champion Julian Alaphilippe overtakes you on a climb
We'll be back in seven days with more tweets of the week.
Alex is the digital news editor for CyclingWeekly.com. After gaining experience in local newsrooms, national newspapers and in digital journalism, Alex found his calling in cycling, first as a reporter and now as news editor responsible for Cycling Weekly's online news output.
Since pro cycling first captured his heart during the 2010 Tour de France (specifically the Contador-Schleck battle) and joining CW in 2018, Alex has covered three Tours de France, multiple editions of the Tour of Britain, and the World Championships, while both writing and video presenting for Cycling Weekly. He also specialises in fitness writing, often throwing himself into the deep end to help readers improve their own power numbers.
Away from journalism, Alex is a national level time triallist, avid gamer, and can usually be found buried in an eclectic selection of books.
Want a new gravel bike but can't find stock? Stayer Cycles could have the answer
British custom frame builder teams up with Ingrid components to offer its Groadinger gravel bikes for pre-order
By Luke Friend •
'There was a lot of things in the run-up to the Tokyo that wasn't ideal': Laura Kenny opens up on team pursuit disappointment at the Olympics
Kenny's two medals at Tokyo were her first as a mother, and she plans on returning to the Olympic scene in Paris
By Chris Marshall-Bell •