Wind and rain battered the Tour de France on stage two, turning it more into a Spring Classic than a race that's happening in the middle of the Summer.
The riders soldiered through the inclement weather - some contenders lost time, while other domestiques simply grinned and bared it until the end.
And once they were safely back on the team buses they got their phones out and told us all about it on Twitter.
1. Giant-Alpecin hardman Koen de Kort isn't stopped easily, but cycling in odd shoes is something that does slow him down.
2. Dan Martin lost time because he just found himself on the wrong side of the street.
3. There are some odd riders out there, though, who actually enjoy these conditions, like Alpecin's Albert Timmer
4. It looked like Mark Cavendish eased up when he realised he wasn't going to win, but the Manxman took to social media to get his point across in his own inimitable way.
5. Jan Bakelants is the master of the understatement.
6. While Alex Dowsett is the master of the overstatement and then the retraction.
7. And Andrew Talansky sums it up nicely - this kind of action is why we love the Tour.
Watch Cycling Weekly pundits discuss their favourite things about the Tour de France
Thank you for reading 5 articles this month* Join now for unlimited access
Enjoy your first month for just £1 / $1 / €1
*Read 5 free articles per month without a subscription
Join now for unlimited access
Try first month for just £1 / $1 / €1
Stuart Clarke is a News Associates trained journalist who has worked for the likes of the British Olympic Associate, British Rowing and the England and Wales Cricket Board, and of course Cycling Weekly. His work at Cycling Weekly has focused upon professional racing, following the World Tour races and its characters.
Specialized's Cyber Monday sale: discounts on shoes, helmets, wheels and kit
Specialized is having a big Cyber Monday sale, here are our top picks
By Anne-Marije Rook • Published
Cyber Monday bike deals live: computers, smartwatches, clothing, shoes and more!
It's now Cyber Monday and we're still on hand, picking out all the very best deals on cycling kit - you're guaranteed to find a bargain
By Stefan Abram • Published