Cycling Weekly and its sister cycling brands at Future PLC are looking for a candidate to fill the senior and strategically important role of content director within the group.
Think you've got what it takes? Read through the full job description and responsibilities below and follow the link to apply.
Our portfolio of cycling media brands including Cyclingnews, Procycling, Cycling Weekly, BikePerfect, and MBR are the most trusted brands in the cycling world.
This is a senior and strategic role with responsibility for designing the content strategy that supports the business objectives of the cycling group and then ensuring it gets delivered to the highest standard across digital, print and events. Mentoring and coaching other senior editorial colleagues is a critical aspect of the role, as is working with horizontal stakeholders to develop and deliver editorial strategy to deliver success in all areas from ecommerce to advertising.
- Creating a clear content strategy for all brands that is supported by strong business rationale and aligns with the needs of horizontal stakeholders
- Constantly track performance of brands in relation to expectation in terms of online audience volumes, web rankings, ecommerce clicks and magazine copy sales, audience responsiveness & delivering against budgets
- Taking responsibility for driving the commercial side of the group forward, supporting the advertising teams to ensure they are supplied with any necessary product development news, trends, contacts and materials
- Demonstrating a bias for action – using the information you have available to make the best possible decision
- Mentoring and coaching editorial colleagues, identifying areas where people can improve and creating plans to support
You should have
- A strong understanding of cycling & associated audiences
- Superb managerial & planning skills with experience of managing multiple brands and people
- In-depth knowledge of all the key content distribution channels including print, video, web & social
- First-rate knowledge of editorial SEO and analytics packages
- Excellent magazine craft and understanding of cover design and packaging principles
- Strong commercial thinker
- Experience of managing budgets across multiple titles
- Excellent industry contacts
- Proven ability to write high-quality, engaging, relevant content
- Ability to work as part of a broader senior management team and support the goals of others
Thank you for reading 5 articles this month* Join now for unlimited access
Enjoy your first month for just £1 / $1 / €1
*Read 5 free articles per month without a subscription
Join now for unlimited access
Try first month for just £1 / $1 / €1
Founded in 1891, Cycling Weekly and its team of expert journalists brings cyclists in-depth reviews, extensive coverage of both professional and domestic racing, as well as fitness advice and 'brew a cuppa and put your feet up' features. Cycling Weekly serves its audience across a range of platforms, from good old-fashioned print to online journalism, and video.
Five things to look out for during the third week of the 2022 Giro d'Italia
Carapaz's grasp on the maglia rosa is far from secure
By Stephen Puddicombe • Published
Five talking points from stage 15 of the Giro d'Italia
Our highlights from a stage where the GC contenders rolled in eight minutes behind the day's winner
By Stephen Puddicombe • Published