It's here, it's actually here. The Tour de France. We made it, lads.
But should it be taking place as coronavirus cases skyrocket around France? I don't know, I'm just here to bring you the tweets. Some, nice, innocent tweets that never hurt nobody. Allez!
1. This sort of thing is why some people are scared of dogs, isn't it? Now I understand.
2. Forget Everesting, someone do this instead.
3. Riders often find other careers after their pro days are over. Safe to assume Matteo Trentin won't be becoming a weatherman.
4. Just a man and his goats.
5. 'What sort of pose are you going to do for the pregnancy announcement photo?'
'Ah, I dunno, I'll just come up with something on the spot'
6. Petition to see different things on the chalkboard during the Tour other than just the timings.
7. Peloton! Poursuivant! Le Maillot Jaune! Le weekend dernier je suis allé à la piscine avec mes amis. Je parle très bien français!
8. An early contender for joke of the Tour.
9. Which would be the more shocking comeback. King Kelly...
10. Or Bjarne
We'll be back next week with more tweets from the 2020 Tour de France
Thank you for reading 5 articles this month* Join now for unlimited access
Enjoy your first month for just £1 / $1 / €1
*Read 5 free articles per month without a subscription
Join now for unlimited access
Try first month for just £1 / $1 / €1
Hi. I'm Cycling Weekly's Weekend Editor. I like writing offbeat features and eating too much bread when working out on the road at bike races.
Before joining Cycling Weekly I worked at The Tab and I've also written for Vice, Time Out, and worked freelance for The Telegraph (I know, but I needed the money at the time so let me live).
I also worked for ITV Cycling between 2011-2018 on their Tour de France and Vuelta a España coverage. Sometimes I'd be helping the producers make the programme and other times I'd be getting the lunches. Just in case you were wondering - Phil Liggett and Paul Sherwen had the same ham sandwich every day, it was great.
Check out Ellen van Dijk’s bike for today's hour record attempt
Built not just for speed, Trek’s after another spot in the pantheon of iconic hour bikes
By Stefan Abram • Published
Best of the rest day tweets: Van der Poel starts a culinary war, riders top up their tans, and EOLO have a dance
We will make it through today, I promise
By Adam Becket • Published