The April issue of Cycling Active is in the shops tomorrow and as usual it’s packed full of news, reviews and advice on bikes and all aspects of cycling.
● Gary Brennan is our main man this month, having refused a gastric band and shed 26 stone to cure himself of several life-threatening obesity-related diseases – all with the help of his bicycle.
● We look at how cycling can improve your love-life and how it doesn’t deserve all the bad press it gets about holding men back in the ‘downstairs’ department.
● A commuter makes her first journey to work by bike; we join in as she gets into the swing of it.
● Bikes, bikes, bikes – £1000 road machines and 29’er mtbs tested for the first time, also.
● Spring into spring, with loads of tips to get going for 2011; we test essential spring items legwarmers and oversocks to stave off the chill.
● April & May events you need to be entering.
● Incredible but true; how to go faster for no extra effort. It’s all in the fitness pages.