Bianchi Dama rider Charlotte Colclough took her third win of the series in Saturday’s (27 February) Race 5 of the CW Winter Lockdown RR Series, giving her an unassailable ‘perfect 30’ points tally (best three scores). The 36-year-old had to put up a tough fight to the finish line, however, after she was caught by Lillie Swan (AEO) on the final ‘KOM’ climb of the Innsbruck KOM After Party course.
Meanwhile in the men’s race, series newcomer Peter Merritt (TBW23) took the win, ahead of Ben Millar (Tor 2000-Kalas), and Andy Turner (Swift Carbon Pro) was third. This leaves the A category wide open going into the final race on Saturday, with just five points separating the top five riders. Millar holds the advantage, on 23 points, but it’s going to go down to the wire.
The official results and series standings will be published in Cycling Weekly‘s 4 March edition.
The top 10 riders in each category score points, contributing towards their final total – best three of six scores – at the series end on 6 March. Each week’s results are published in the print edition of Cycling Weekly.
There is just one race left in the series, and it takes place on Saturday 6 March – Petit Boucle (37.9km), and you can enter via this link.
Race 5 winners
Category A: Peter Merritt (TBW23)
Category E: Charlotte Colclough (TCRCC)
Category B: ‘Savoyad’ (DIRT)
Category C: James Cain
Category D: M. Schinkel
About the series
The CW Winter Lockdown RR Series is designed to provide a competitive fix for riders who’ve been starved of real-life racing during the pandemic – and it promises fun, hard-fought action whatever your ability level.
Each race will take place on a different course, chosen from Zwift’s finest parcours, over a distance of 30-45km (depending on the terrain). Within each event, each category – A, B, C, D and E (women) – will have their own race. Each week’s results will be published in CW’s print edition, and the man and woman with the highest score (total of their best three scores) at the end of the series, on 6th March, will be declared our Winter Lockdown RR champions.
Rules and regs
- In each category, the top 10 score points (10 points for 1st place, nine for 2nd, and so on).
- Your best three scores over the series count towards your final total come the series end on 6th March.
- Double draft is switched on and power-ups off for maximally realistic racing!
- Results will be taken from Zwift Power. Any rider wishing to be part of the series needs to be registered on Zwift Power.
- If your average power exceeds your category limit, your result will be flagged and you may be disqualified. (Cat A = 4.0w/kg and above; B = 3.2-3.9w/kg; C = 2.5-3.1w/kg; D = 2.4w/kg and below.)
- You must use a heart rate monitor.
- You must use exactly the same display name in each race (preferably your real name).
- No power-ups.
- No TT bikes.
- Cycling Weekly reserves the right to remove any rider from the results if there is reasonable suspicion of cheating or manipulation of data.
Race calendar – Saturdays at 10.30am
Race 6, 6 Mar
Petit Boucle, France – 37.9km