Evans Cycles, recently acquired by ECI Partners, has seen its operating and pre-tax profits soar in the latest financial year, according to a report in Insider Media.
The website reveals that the cycle retailer's operating profits have risen from £2.6m to £4.4m, while pre-tax profits went from £2.3m to £4.2m for the year to November 2014.
According to Insider Media, Evans put the 70 per cent growth in operating profit down to "excellent cost control" and an increase in sales.
The company's £127.7m turnover is up by more than £13m on the previous year, which Evans attributes to an increase in stores nationwide, as well as a larger online presence.
The business, which owns 56 shops around the UK, was sold by Active Private Equity on May 1 for an undisclosed fee. Active bought Evans in 2008 and has since overseen the retailer's transformation into a nationwide business.
In the sale to ECI Partners the private equity firm will assume 80 per cent of the business, while Evans' management team will reportedly retain the remaining 20 per cent.
Thank you for reading 5 articles this month* Join now for unlimited access
Enjoy your first month for just £1 / $1 / €1
*Read 5 free articles per month without a subscription
Join now for unlimited access
Try first month for just £1 / $1 / €1
Stuart Clarke is a News Associates trained journalist who has worked for the likes of the British Olympic Associate, British Rowing and the England and Wales Cricket Board, and of course Cycling Weekly. His work at Cycling Weekly has focused upon professional racing, following the World Tour races and its characters.
US Marshals locate Kaitlin Armstrong's car tied to Moriah Wilson murder case
US Marshalls locate Kaitlin Armstrong's car tied to Moriah Wilson murder case. Forty days after issuing arrest warrant, US Marshalls no closer to finding murder suspect, Kaitlin Armstrong.
By Anne-Marije Rook • Published
Every Shimano 105 Di2 bike released so far
There's not many out yet, but we've rounded up the few that are
By Stefan Abram • Published