Another week, another descent down the most unexpected timeline of life on Earth.
Things could have been normal, couldn't they? But instead:
Tour de France winner Pedro Delgado on MasterChef? Cecilie Uttrup Ludwig attacked by bird excrement? Bradley Wiggins Wiggins looking like he's about to knock you out? José Joaquín Rojas setting the dumpster fire that is Twitter dot com alight with a single tweet? The UCI's sock measurement contraptions re-purposed as PPE?
Yes, it's been a week...
1. Now you just need Flat Stanley commentating over it and job done
2. Nothing to see here, just Pedro Delgado's going to be on Spanish MasterChef
3. If we do end up re-purposing the UCI's sock measurement thingies as PPE then we know we're completely and utterly doomed
4. Maybe instead of yet another Zwift race, we could get a whole bunch of pros to see who can do this the fastest
A photo posted by on
5. While coronavirus may have taken a massive dump on the racing calendar, a bird has taken a slightly smaller one on Cecilie Uttrup Ludwig
6. Now this is unmistakeably clear guidance
7. Translation: "My friend, you know that in Spain we have great food and you will have great support."
You can just see Rojas hitting send on that tweet and sitting back, a wry smile on his face, knowing what he's just unleashed
8. Wiggo looks like he's about to go rob a Solero from an off-licence
A photo posted by on
9. Connor Swift has been riding the Tour de Yorkshire solo, a more impressive feat considering he's been up against a headwind the entire time, and the videos are *chef's kiss* perfect
10. Alex Dowsett, meanwhile, has continued his punditry duties on from the Swiss Digital Five, with this insightful analysis
We’ll be back in seven days’ time for more of the best from social media across the cycling world.
Thank you for reading 5 articles this month* Join now for unlimited access
Enjoy your first month for just £1 / $1 / €1
*Read 5 free articles per month without a subscription
Join now for unlimited access
Try first month for just £1 / $1 / €1
Hi. I'm Cycling Weekly's Weekend Editor. I like writing offbeat features and eating too much bread when working out on the road at bike races.
Before joining Cycling Weekly I worked at The Tab and I've also written for Vice, Time Out, and worked freelance for The Telegraph (I know, but I needed the money at the time so let me live).
I also worked for ITV Cycling between 2011-2018 on their Tour de France and Vuelta a España coverage. Sometimes I'd be helping the producers make the programme and other times I'd be getting the lunches. Just in case you were wondering - Phil Liggett and Paul Sherwen had the same ham sandwich every day, it was great.
EF Education-EasyPost and Israel-Premier Tech to race all-new Maryland Classic in September, one of just 4 UCI races in the US
A truly international field slated to attend America's newest UCI race
By Anne-Marije Rook • Published
Kristen Faulkner cools down after making a splash at the Giro Donne
The American headed straight for the sea to after winning the stage and taking the Giro Donne overall lead
By Owen Rogers • Published