As we all know, cyclists and Twitter is often a fantastic combination, allowing the fans a behind the scenes look at what goes on in and around the professional peloton. Here are some of the tweets that caught our eye this week, including ones from Elinor Barker, Nairo Quintana, Jens Voigt, and more.
1. Mad skills, but it might be quicker the other way.
2. Good preparation for the inevitable Giro d’Italia stage where it chucks it down with snow.
3. Not burning the house down should be a minimum requirement for painting eggs with the kids.
4. Let’s hope she doesn’t accidentally put those medals in the wash.
5. We’ll call this carb-loading.
6. It’s best not to ask.
7. This is what it takes to become world champion at the age of 20.
8. Brutally honest.
9. Annemiek van Vleuten’s celebrations for joint third at Amstel Gold had to wait till the team camper.
10. Newly-crowned world champ Elinor Barker celebrating in style.