The Tour de France 2019 is underway and has lit up the switchboards of social media. We’ve got Sir Bradley Wiggins commentating on the Tour de France from the back of a motorbike, Tony Gallopin (Ag2r La Mondiale) being impeded by a parasol and the awkward handshake to end all awkward handshakes.
1. If you had to guess who was Bradley Wiggins’ number one super fan the first name to pop into your head probably wasn’t the French rider Maxime Bouet.
>> Struggling to get to the shops? Try 6 issues of Cycling Weekly magazine for just £6 delivered to your door <<
2. It must be pretty tough for Bob Jungels watching his Deceuninck – Quick-Step team-mates tear up the Tour de France, so you can’t really blame him for trying to take some of the credit for Julian Alaphilippe’s sensational victory on stage three.
3. Dave Brailsford is going to extreme lengths to get Michał Kwiatkowski to sign a contract extension.
4. I’m not sure whether Alex Dowsett agrees with more red tape surrounding bike races, if someone could figure it out that would be greatly appreciated.
5. You think the handshake is going to end but no, it keeps going and going and going until you eventually want the ground to swallow you up so you can die in peace and never have to think about this handshake ever again.
6. With New Zealand making it to the final of the cricket world cup another chance to get your hands on a Jumbo-Visma bottle will present itself on Sunday.
7. The only explanation is this fan must have mistaken Jakob Fuglsang for Marco Haller.
8. Sometimes when one rider is unbeatable it’s best to just forget about them and race amongst yourselves instead.
9. An appropriate piece of road furniture for this time of the year to be fair.
10. There are probably some marginal gains in here…somewhere…
We’ll be back in seven days’ time for more of the best from social media across the cycling world.