A slightly later-than-planned tweets of the week, sorry, that damn racing got in the way again. The good news for us, and for you as a result, is that racing means more content! And that is what we all want: content.
As Arcade Fire once sang: "Infinite content, infinite content, we're infinitely content." So I hope this makes you infinitely content, which it will do, because who doesn't like looking at a roundup of social media content that you might already have seen?
Today, there is a lot of posting from the Amstel Gold Race to consider, alongside some slightly older things that we should have written about last week, but we ran out of time. Enjoy.
PS I'm looking forward to Arcade Fire's new album, if you're reading this, Win Butler, please send me gig tickets.
1. Geraint Thomas loses his nappies on a plane, and gets a random man's underwear as a result
A bit random one but I need your help Tweeps… Anybody on @airfrance AF1592 flight this evening from Lyon - Biarritz and just realised they have the wrong carry on bag? My wife has your undies and you have Macs’ clothes/nappies etc 🤦♂️ pic.twitter.com/pv9exOTQYDApril 7, 2022
2. Tim Merlier: well well well, if it isn't the consequences of my actions
[Record scratch]Tim Merlier: “Yup, that’s me. You’re probably wondering how I ended up in this situation.” pic.twitter.com/pWXJPHBovWApril 6, 2022
3. Fred Wright's dad absolutely loves it. He was at the Tour of Flanders supporting his son to an incredible eight place, blowing his mind in the process
That ‘boy’ @fred_wright0 has done it yet again: Blown my flippin’ mind! It was the Tour of Flanders for Gawd’s sake!! (Thanks Max Capamagian for the terrific pictures of me getting rather excited) #RondeVlaanderen pic.twitter.com/b4pcQpWoD8April 4, 2022
4. Continuing the Tour of Flanders theme, take a look at this dog that was at the start of the women's race in Oudenaarde. He was called Tubs, as I found out with investigative journalism (asking the owner) and is a good boy
The bestest dog at the start of the women's race. pic.twitter.com/kovfHYzDjBApril 3, 2022
5. Mihkel Räim is just trying to live his life as Estonian champion, why does The Man keep trying to get him down?
It happened again 😂 after the team presentation someone from organization or UCI commissar asked me that you are not riding with that jersey. I said of course I am. Then he asked “are you champion or something “🤦🏻♂️😅April 10, 2022
6. Onto our Dutch content, Adam Blythe divulges some unexpected information about Tom Pidcock during the Amstel Gold Race
A post shared by Cycling Pulse (@officialcycling) (opens in new tab)
A photo posted by on
7. Oliver Naesen gets very excited about his AG2R Citroën teammate Benoît Cosnefroy winning the Amstel Gold Race
JAAAAAAAAAAAAAApril 10, 2022
8. Oliver Naesen realises that his AG2R Citroën teammate Benoît Cosnefroy did not, in fact, win the Amstel Gold Race
NOOOOOOOApril 10, 2022
9. Laurens de Plus piles the misery on Oliver Naesen, as his Ineos Grenadiers teammate Michał Kwiatkowski was the actual winner of the Amstel Gold Race
JAAAAAAAAApril 10, 2022
10. Cosnefroy will be thinking about how happy he was in this moment for the rest of his cycling career, probably
Images that precede unfortunate events (Getty) pic.twitter.com/rmsGdBMPxwApril 10, 2022
11. Did you know that Kwiatkowski is actually smaller than a pint of Amstel? Weird but true. Pinarello have to specially make his bike
It's always surprising how small pro cyclists are in real life, but it's rare to see such pictorial evidence. pic.twitter.com/02RFTuIdtyApril 10, 2022
12. And finally... Marta Cavalli looks so delighted with her multiple pints of Amstel. Imagine ordering one of these at your local. It would surely cost £50? I don't know, you would probably have to supply the glass yourself
Imagining walking into the pub with one of these pic.twitter.com/rEhz4SQRx2April 10, 2022
Thank you for reading 5 articles this month* Join now for unlimited access
Enjoy your first month for just £1 / $1 / €1
*Read 5 free articles per month without a subscription
Join now for unlimited access
Try first month for just £1 / $1 / €1