RIchmond Park's Roehampton Gate Café pips Box Hill's National Trust café to the top spot
As part of the new Strava Local, which has analysed millions of miles of data from users of the app, the top 15 café stops in the London area has been revealed, with Richmond Park’s Roehampton Gate Café topping the list.
Such is the appeal of the park, it even beats the cycling Mecca of Box Hill into second spot, with mountain biker hub Peaslake stores in Surrey rounding out the podium places.
According to Strava’s statistics, over 1.7m kilometres are logged on the app in London every week from an average of 78,000 journeys. The data shows that riders will often stop for a break after 90 minutes of cycling but will only stop for 16 minutes on average.
With the growing tendency for cyclists to head out to the Surrey or Kent hills, it’s unsurprising that many of the top coffee stops are south of the capital. But many city centre locations also make the list, including Look Mum No Hands in Old Street and the Rapha Cycling Club in Soho.
Did your favourite cafe miss the list? Let us know which one you frequent.
Strava Local – Top Stops
1. Roehampton Gate Café – Richmond Park
2. Box Hill Cafe (National Trust) – Tadworth
3. Peaslake stores – Surrey
4. Cadence Cycling Performance Centre – Crystal Palace
5. G!RO – Esher
6. Old Village Café – Hayes
7. Dish – Hampton Court
8. look mum no hands! – Old Street
9. Garden Café – Regents Park
10. Rapha Cycle Club – Soho
11. Cafe St Germain – Crystal Palace
12. Bike Beans Cycling café – Ashtead
13. Pretorius Coffee Bar – Hoxton
14. Grind Coffee Bar – Putney
15. Artisan Coffee – Putney