As we all know, cyclists and Twitter is often a fantastic combination, allowing the fans a behind the scenes look at what goes on in and around the professional peloton. Here are some of the tweets that caught our eye this week, including ones from André Greipel, Alex Dowsett, Rigoberto Uran and more.
1. Alex Dowsett and Marcel Kittel's hotel hi-jinks
2. Bad news Geraint, Wales aren't there
3. Aqua Blue Sport boss Rick Delaney wasn't happy with his team's bike
4. There were some big names training on Alpe d'Huez on Wednesday
5. And Froome wasn't the only one on the Alpe that day
6. It's the little touches that make all the difference
7. Good luck getting that on Ryanair
8. Have you packed your toothbrush, Rigoberto?
9. You should go and see a doctor about that, André.
10. Thomas De Gendt is also infected
We’ll be back in seven days time for more picks from the world of cycling social media.
Thank you for reading 5 articles this month* Join now for unlimited access
Enjoy your first month for just £1 / $1 / €1
*Read 5 free articles per month without a subscription
Join now for unlimited access
Try first month for just £1 / $1 / €1
Henry Robertshaw began his time at Cycling Weekly working with the tech team, writing reviews, buying guides and appearing in videos advising on how to dress for the seasons. He later moved over to the news team, where his work focused on the professional peloton as well as legislation and provision for cycling. He's since moved his career in a new direction, with a role at the Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs.
Remco Evenepoel set for Grand Place celebrations after hero's welcome home
Message from Sir Dave Brailsford suggests Ineos Grenadiers are also interested in the world champion
By James Shrubsall • Published
BikeExchange safe from WorldTour relegation, no more 'scrapping over points to the death'
"The points system is clearly broken" says Matt White, team's head directeur sportif
By Adam Becket • Published