You know what doesn't get said enough? 'God bless the tweeters of this world'. 24 hours a day, seven days a week, they're on the timeline risking RSI from scrolling and on the lookout for anything amusing from their daily life, just to set their notifications alight.
This is an especially difficult endeavour while on lockdown during a global pandemic, so kudos to the tweeters still doing the most during these trying times. Here are 10 of the best from the past seven days.
1. How about if you just ask them what the Tour de France means to them and if they reply 'the Tour is the Tour' then they're good to go
2. Chris Hoy speaking nothing but facts
3. 'Stop when it hurts' is certainly a piece of advice from pros that I haven't heard before
4. Love the home gym TikTok content from Chris but when will he do the renegade dance?!
5. This is cute
6. Honestly, when real racing resumes I'm going to be so shocked when one rider doesn't just peel off the front and holds their effort until the finish line
7. Is this Thomas De Gendt or Agatha Christie?
8. Let's check in on Sam Bewley, see how he's doing...oh...
9. A classic
10. To be fair, it is quite an ominous picture
We’ll be back in seven days’ time for more of the best from social media across the cycling world.
Thank you for reading 5 articles this month* Join now for unlimited access
Enjoy your first month for just £1 / $1 / €1
*Read 5 free articles per month without a subscription
Join now for unlimited access
Try first month for just £1 / $1 / €1
Hi. I'm Cycling Weekly's Weekend Editor. I like writing offbeat features and eating too much bread when working out on the road at bike races.
Before joining Cycling Weekly I worked at The Tab and I've also written for Vice, Time Out, and worked freelance for The Telegraph (I know, but I needed the money at the time so let me live).
I also worked for ITV Cycling between 2011-2018 on their Tour de France and Vuelta a España coverage. Sometimes I'd be helping the producers make the programme and other times I'd be getting the lunches. Just in case you were wondering - Phil Liggett and Paul Sherwen had the same ham sandwich every day, it was great.
Remco Evenepoel set for Grand Place celebrations after hero's welcome home
Message from Sir Dave Brailsford suggests Ineos Grenadiers are also interested in the world champion
By James Shrubsall • Published
BikeExchange safe from WorldTour relegation, no more 'scrapping over points to the death'
"The points system is clearly broken" says Matt White, team's head directeur sportif
By Adam Becket • Published