As we all know, cyclists and Twitter is often a fantastic combination, allowing the fans a behind the scenes look at what goes on in and around the professional peloton. Here are some of the tweets that caught our eye this week, including ones from Chris Froome, Thomas De Gendt, Jacob Hennessy and more.
1. One in 15 of you will end up winning the Tour de France
2. Don't worry Dan, only a 228.7km race to come on Saturday
3. So close to coffee, yet so far
4. TV presenter Jill Douglas gets heckled by an unknown lairy cyclist
5. It's been a good week for Geraint Thomas and Geraint Thomas
6. Netflix > time trials
7. She's already a better cyclist than you
8. Those roofs don't mend themselves
9. Seems legit
10. Pepper spray starts sound brutal
Richard is digital editor of Cycling Weekly. Joining the team in 2013, Richard became editor of the website in 2014 and coordinates site content and strategy, leading the news team in coverage of the world's biggest races and working with the tech editor to deliver comprehensive buying guides, reviews, and the latest product news.
An occasional racer, Richard spends most of his time preparing for long-distance touring rides these days, or getting out to the Surrey Hills on the weekend on his Specialized Tarmac SL7 (with an obligatory pub stop of course).
Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k from Rutland Cycling shop
Police caught the gang of thieves who had stolen 23 bikes from the chain store in Grafham Water
By Ryan Dabbs •
These are all the teams applying for WorldTeam and Women’s WorldTeam status next year
Qhubeka-NextHash miss the first deadline, as five women’s teams apply to step up to the top level
By Alex Ballinger •