As we all know, cyclists and Twitter is often a fantastic combination, allowing the fans a behind the scenes look at what goes on in and around the professional peloton. Here are some of the tweets that caught our eye this week, including ones from Luke Rowe, Chad Haga and Dan McLay.
1. Chris Froome has got used to this winning lark
2. D-bags on the d-floor have to try harder to impress Nettie Edmondson
3. Chad Haga chose his own rest day at the Vuelta a España
4. Zico Waeytens struggled a bit as the breakaway contested the final climb on stage eight of the Vuelta, but in many ways he was the winner…
5. Back in Britain and back to the quality British television for Cannondale-Drapac
6. Elinor Barker had some company on her drive
7. Just because he’s a professional cyclist, it doesn’t mean Luke Rowe isn’t exactly the same as the rest of us when it comes to the Great British Bake Off
8. Only a few ailments for Simon Clarke…
9. Dan McLay is another one to waiver from the strict athlete’s diet
10. And this was a great save from Gabe Cullaigh as he and Aussie Nick Schultz descended a the Tour de l’Avenir.