After only three days of racing it’s time for a rest day at the Giro d’Italia as the race ups sticks from Sardinia and makes its way across the Mediterranean to Sicily.
As well as easy rides in the sun and café stops, this gives the riders a chance to pick up their smartphones and put a bit of thought into a few tweets to keep us entertained when there’s no racing to watch.
>> Struggling to get to the shops? Try 6 issues of Cycling Weekly magazine for just £6 delivered to your door <<
1. We hope they gave you a discount
2. Put it away Pippo
3. Pippo wasn’t the only one enjoying a few cannoli
4. Astana in better control of their drone than this one.
5. You can call him DJ Fraile
6. If only there was another way to transport a helicopter
7. Someone let the Gorilla out of his cage
8. Vincenzo Nibali not looking too impressed by his student at his Sicilian lemon lesson
9. If you’re only going to where pink for one day in the race, you may as well wear it on the rest day too.
10. Thank goodness the riders were carrying those black boxes with them