By Jonny Long
Halloween is supposed to be the scary holiday, where we indulge in all things spooky for one night. That was until the year 2020 came along and completely blew it out of the water.
Ghouls and skeletons? Try a global pandemic, mate. Zombies and Frankensteins? I raise you a crippling economic recession causing a lost generation amongst the youth.
Now we're talking, that's properly scary. Get Halloween on furlough pay ASAP, bit of apple bobbing and leftover trick or treat sweets as an alternative to eat out to help out. Sorted.
1. Oi Hollywood, buy the movie rights to this NOW.
2. I think this is the first time anyone's thought about Franz Ferdinand since about 2008
3. Team car celebration videos will never get old
4. That's one way to look at it, for sure
5. If Giovanni Visconti had won I'd have liked to see them try and dig out a Vini Zabù - KTM Arms for him to sit outside of, sipping a Peroni.
6. This off-season is only 71 days long...what...
7. These Grand Tour contenders keep getting younger and younger I swear
8. At least @geraintthomas has a friend to share the pain with now
9. I was the Virgin Mary, no further comment will be provided at this time, thank you
10. Your weekly reminder (as if you need it) that Thomas De Gendt is just a nice, wholesome guy
11. Now, if we could just get him to as eloquently explain the latest on Brexit and the UK Government's coronavirus strategy we'll be sorted
12. El ouch
13. There's nothing scarier than this
We'll be back in seven day's time with more fire tweets from the cycling world.
Hi. I'm Cycling Weekly's Weekend Editor. I like writing offbeat features and eating too much bread when working out on the road at bike races. I'm 6'0", 26 years old, have a strong hairline and have an adequate amount of savings for someone my age. I'm very single at the minute so if you know anyone, hit me up.
Before joining Cycling Weekly I worked at The Tab, reporting about students evacuating their bowels on nightclub dancefloors and consecrating their love on lecture hall floors. I've also written for Vice, Time Out, and worked freelance for The Telegraph (I know, but I needed the money at the time so let me live).
I also worked for ITV Cycling between 2011-2018 on their Tour de France and Vuelta a España coverage. Sometimes I'd be helping the producers make the programme and other times I'd be getting the lunches. Just in case you were wondering - Phil Liggett and Paul Sherwen had the same ham sandwich every day, it was great.
Ben Swift successfully defends British National Road Race title
The Ineos rider outlasted Fred Wright on the Michaelgate climb to the finish line
By Jonny Long •
Pfeiffer Georgi wins British National Road Championships
The DSM rider attacked up the Michaelgate climb to seal the victory
By Jonny Long •