A collection of the most enlightening tweets from the world of cycling
Each week at Cycling Weekly we scour the depths of social media to bring you some highlights from the world of professional cycling.
Riders are let loose on the unsuspecting public, dishing out insights into the weird and wonderful side of the sport.
As 2018 comes to a close, we have bundled together the best tweets from the last 12 months.
Alberto Contador’s football skills, Tony Gallopin being a sore winner after the World Cup, Tom Dumoulin’s bathroom incident, and a case of mistaken identity involving Chris Hoy all make an appearance.
1. How many attempts Alberto?
2. Gallopin’s a sore winner
3. Beard prejudice is real
4. The memory of the Du-poo-lin incident lives on
5. Elinor Barker and Katie Archibald – true friendship
6. Legs – outstanding. Arms – need work
7. We have no words
8. All Chris’ were not born equal
9. Lawless fulfils his destiny
10. When you crash, your mates will always have your back – or they’ll crack jokes on Twitter
11. The Tour Down Under was a little toastie this year
12. The ultimate betrayal
13. Bit awkward
14. De Gendt goes Attenborough
15. That time Thomas fell victim to bike show thieves