Mathew Hayman won a memorable edition of Paris-Roubaix and the rest of the cycling world took to Twitter to hail the quality of the race
2. The younger generation of Classics riders paid tribute to the Swiss rider, including BMC‘s Taylor Phinney.
3. Geraint Thomas had to Facetime his wife from Tenerife and get her to point the camera at the TV to see the final two kilometres of the race…
5. Luke Rowe rode with Mathew Hayman when the Australian was at Sky.
6. Life goes on for Tom Boonen…
7. And his boss Patrick Lefevere was proud.
8. Elia Viviani’s eventful day saw him get in a breakaway, work hard on the front of the peloton and then end up in hospital after being hit by a motorbike on the Arenberg.
9. The Team Sky boys may have had a few shandies to celebrate Ian Stannard’s podium place, but Luke Rowe probably didn’t end up here…
10. Trek-Segafredo‘s Yaroslav Popovych retired at the end of the race and felt a lot of love in the velodrome.
11. Phil Gaimon was a late call-up for an injury-hit Cannondale team. Despite giving away a dozen or so kilograms on many of the other riders, he still wanted to show what he can do.
12. Matt Brammeier made some bold predictions.
13. Former Dimension Data rider Dan Lloyd summed it up pretty well.
14. As did David Millar.