1. Dan Craven is cycling to Scarborough Fair (via Pickering, over the course of 174km).
2. Geraint Thomas is regretting going to Switzerland instead of staying in the UK.
3. Sir Bradley Wiggins is in town and already his team are getting preferential treatment
4. Karma strikes, however, as young buck Owain Doull causes a few issues in the Passion Wagon.
6. While there may be no women’s Tour de Yorkshire, you can still pop down to York to see some of the country’s best female riders race around the city.
7. The official rule of the Tour de Yorkshire is that any Yorkshire-born riders have to wear a flat cap under their helmets. Russell Downing will fall foul of this rule, by the looks of it.
8. Ned Boulting will turn his hand to commentary alongside David Millar on ITV4 over the course of the three days. Let’s hope we get more of these gems…
9. Bibby’s been baking.
10. Five minutes into stage one of the Tour de Yorkshire and Bradley Wiggins is already at the back of the bunch. It’s like he’s not even trying…