The riders over at the Giro d'Italia may be dipping their toes into a spot of industrial action but Tweets of the week Incorporated had its union crushed years ago, so here we are once again.
In fact, such was our capitalist overlords' disgust at the strike formed by the riders of the Italian Grand Tour, that we've been instructed to put together a bumper edition, to spit in the face of collective action and make sure our fingers are ground into dust as we trawl the social media abyss for hashtag pure flame emoji tweets.
So here they are, 17 tweets from the concurrently running Giro d'Italia and Vuelta a España. Maybe soon I'll be allowed home to see my wife and kids again. But until that day, more tweets.
1. Never again will we assume Thomas De Gendt is joking, turns out he was being deadly serious
2. I agree, Brian Smith, it is extra entertainment
4. Add to that: Giro stage 19 mood
5. Larry Warbasse shooting wishes out into the ether in the faint hope a cycling Father Christmas exists
6. There's still time for Amanuel Ghebreigzabhier and Tao Geoghegan Hart to get in a breakaway and explode the brains of the Italian commentators
7. If Kelderman hangs on he will become the first Giro d'Italia winner in history to not have a favourite film
8. Don't know about you but I NEED to know the story behind this
9. The UCI's latest mechanical doping test is innovative to say the least
10. Ponies: good. Pun: hmm.
11. How Magnus Bäckstedt continues to solemnly commentate while Caleb Ewan jumps on to Kwiato's handlebars I'll never know
12. These days a meme barely lasts 48 hours before you've already forgotten what it was referring to in the first place
13. At the Tour de France media were mistaking him for George Bennett, at the Vuelta, Sam Bennett becomes Belgian, if he rides the Giro next year maybe they'll put him on Cofidis or something
14. In a normal week this probably would have been one of the main talking points but this week my brain is just a bit melted so best just to forget this exists I reckon
15. Behind every great athlete there's...someone who beat you in a rap battle six years ago and won't let you forget it
16. Nothing says romance like an individual time trial
17. We are all Gregor Mühlberger and the musette is the year 2020
We'll be back in seven day's time with another serving of...yep, you guessed it, tweets of the week
Thank you for reading 5 articles this month* Join now for unlimited access
Enjoy your first month for just £1 / $1 / €1
*Read 5 free articles per month without a subscription
Join now for unlimited access
Try first month for just £1 / $1 / €1
Hi. I'm Cycling Weekly's Weekend Editor. I like writing offbeat features and eating too much bread when working out on the road at bike races.
Before joining Cycling Weekly I worked at The Tab and I've also written for Vice, Time Out, and worked freelance for The Telegraph (I know, but I needed the money at the time so let me live).
I also worked for ITV Cycling between 2011-2018 on their Tour de France and Vuelta a España coverage. Sometimes I'd be helping the producers make the programme and other times I'd be getting the lunches. Just in case you were wondering - Phil Liggett and Paul Sherwen had the same ham sandwich every day, it was great.
LEJOG legend Christina Mackenzie in hospital after hit-and-run accident
The Scot was taken out by an SUV and farm trailer that failed to stop
By James Shrubsall • Published
Mathieu van der Poel's actions 'unbelievable', says father of Worlds assault victim
Dutchman admits he was "wrong" to get involved in situation in Australia
By Adam Becket • Published