With 16 days of racing in their legs already, it’s understandable that the riders at the Tour de France are a little bit tired.
Luckily for them, the second rest day is upon us and after a quick spin on the bike to keep their legs fresh, most riders are taking relaxing to the extreme in Gap.
>> Get an extra 5% off the discounted price of a magazine subscription this weekend with the code SPOOKY5. Enjoy the luxury of home delivery and never miss an issue <<
They’ve not been taking a day off from social media, though, so here’s a look at some of the best tweets from the riders.
1. Andre Greipel is so tired that he’s started talking to fish. Why this fish is in a pint glass is currently unknown, but hopefully Greipel didn’t go on to drink it.
2. Mark Cavendish made the most of his bed…
3. ….as did his teammate Rigoberto Uran.
4. …and FDJ’s Jeremy Roy. I see a trend emerging.
5. Trek Factory Racing‘s Bauke Mollema was more awake than those three, but still planned to spend all day in his bed.
6. LottoNL-Jumbo’s Sep Vanmarcke was well and truly cooked after a challenging stage 16, as recorded by teammate Bram Tankink.
7. At the last rest day Tinkoff-Saxo rider Ivan Basso left the Tour for treatment on testicular cancer. This week the whole team were wearing #ForzaIvan tee-shirts.
8. A day after cracking his head on a lamppost in a crash on stage 16, Geraint Thomas still thought he was Chris Froome.
9. Just because it’s a rest day, doesn’t mean the teams don’t ride their bikes. Team Sky went out for a little jaunt in the morning and it looked rather pleasant.
10. Tinkoff-Saxo also went out for a spin, with Mick Rogers and Michael Valgren stopping off at McDonalds for a bit of comfort food.
Cycling Weekly rode up La Toussuire