Jose Gutierrez (Caisse d’Epargne) has won the 2008 Eneco Tour, repeating his 2007 victory.
The Spaniard came second in Wednesday’s final time trial, stealing the race lead from Andre Greipel (Columbia).
Raivis Belohvosciks (Scott-American Beef) won the final 18.8km time trial stage, with Gutierrez in second place. Sebastien Rosseler (Quick Step) came third.
Thanks to both rider’s excellent final time trial rides, Gutierrez finished overall just four seconds ahead of second-placed Sebastien Rosseler (Quick Step). Australian Michael Rogers (Columbia) rounds out the final podium in third. Britain’s Roger Hammond (Columbia) moved up to 20th place overall.
Belgian Jurgen Roelandts (Silence-Lotto) won the overall points classification.
ENECO TOUR 2008: FINAL GENERAL CLASSIFICATION
1. Jose Ivan Gutierrez Palacios (Spa) Caisse d’Epargne in 26h 27min 07secs
2. Sebastien Rosseler (Bel) Quick Step at 4secs
3. Michael Rogers (Aus) Columbia at 7secs
4. Stijn Devolder (Bel) Quick Step at 13secs
5. Andre Greipel (Ger) Columbia at 14secs
6. Joost Posthuma (Ned) Rabobank at 39secs
7. Servais Knaven (Ned) Columbia at 48secs
8. Bram Tankink (Ned) Rabobank at 51secs
9. Jurgen Roelandts (Bel) Silence-Lotto at 54secs
10. Piet Rooijakkers (Ned) Skil-Shimano at 1min 2secs
20. Roger Hammond (GB) Columbia at 1min 48secs
Stage winner Raivis Belohvosciks
Photos by Luc Claessen
2008 ENECO TOUR STAGE REPORTS