As we all know, cyclists and Twitter is often a fantastic combination, allowing the fans a behind the scenes look at what goes on in and around the professional peloton. Here are some of the tweets that caught our eye this week, including ones from Dean Downing and Alex Howes.
1. Luke Rowe and the Team Sky boys have a lovely nickname for Michal Kwiatkowski.
2. Meanwhile, Sky’s Ian Boswell and Cannondale’s Joe Dombrowski are bartering the cost of a sweet treat.
3. No sweet treats for Ian Bibby and the NFTO team, though.
4. The sleeping arrangements at the Volta a Catalunya are a little weird, as shown by Ben King and Alex Howes’s bunk bends.
5. Fabian Cancellara pointed out that Fernando Gaviria’s crash in Milan-San Remo hampered his chances of winning and Fernando Gaviria apologised. Lad.
6. Peter Sagan’s bike handling skills kept him upright.
7. Andy Tennant is putting blood and sweat into his Olympic training. Hopefully no tears, though.
8. There’s a fair bit of cycling talent in this picture.
9. It sounds like Dame Sarah Story didn’t get a great night’s sleep…
10. When spectating on a bike race, do what a spectator does.
11. Dan Lloyd proves why cyclists should never run.