Eight tweets that caught our eye this week from the world of cycling
Cyclists and Twitter is often a fantastic combination, allowing the fans a behind the scenes look at what goes on in and around the professional peloton. Here are some of the tweets that caught our eye this week, including ones from Sean Yates, Geraint Thomas and Matt Brammeier’s dad.
1. Needs must for Alex Dowsett as he makes a daring dash to his local chicken shop. Perfect preparation before winning back his British time trial jersey on Thursday.
2. Chris Froome remembers back to that day he crashed out of the Tour de France last year
3. Froome’s Team Sky teammate Peter Kennaugh has been undertraining again.
4. The bad news for the cyclists in the Tour is that they have to climb the Glandon in its various guises three times in the Tour de France now.
5. He’s not climbing mountains like Sean Yates, but Russell Downing is having his own personal battles up in Yorkshire.
6. Geraint Thomas lost the Tour de Suisse by five seconds to Simon Spilak on Sunday. It’s not certain if he’s calling Spilak or the race a bastard…
7. While Thomas was missing out in Switzerland, Matt Brammeier lived up to the promise he made to his dad that he’d win a stage on Father’s Day. Brammeier smashed it to win the final stage of the Ster ZLM Toer for his first win of the year.
8. That man Froome was at it again on Twitter, trolling Peter Sagan’s picture of his new Specialized Venge.
Cycling Weekly’s experts discuss the Tour de France 2015 contenders