Cyclists and Twitter is often a fantastic combination, allowing the fans a behind the scenes look at what goes on in the professional peloton. Here are some of the tweets that caught our eye this week, including ones from Jon Mould, Yaroslav Popovych and Mike Cuming.
1. There was an eclipse over the UK on Friday (apparantly). Thankfully plenty of people took to Twitter to share their experiences of it, including Ian Wilkinson, Ross Edgar and ‘that bloke from those videos’ Daniel Lloyd.
>> Struggling to get to the shops? Try 6 issues of Cycling Weekly magazine for just £6 delivered to your door <<
2. Mark Cavendish was pretty candid about his dodgy bowel movements in the lead up to Tirreno-Adriatico, so perhaps this hotel were just playing silly buggers with him. It could have ended messily though…
3. Roman Kreuziger finished in tenth place at Tirreno-Adriatico but no-one knew because he spent his whole time disguising himself.
4. Jon Mould is only in cycling for the coffee and the cake. And who can blame him? Luckily he’s also good enough at pedalling to get paid to do it.
5. Chris Froome‘s idea of a great lunch is very different to my idea of a great lunch. What the devil is green juice?
6. Mike Cuming’s dad sounds like a bit of a playa!
7. Frank Schleck‘s daughter doesn’t look too pleased at her wheelsucking riding partner. Come on Frank, do your turn at the front!
8. Ian Bibby pretends he takes off his legwarmers last accidentally, but do we believe him?
9. THIS IS SPARTA(cus’ bed spread). It was Fabian Cancellara’s birthday on March 18 and his team found this lovely bedding set for his room at Tirreno-Adriatico.
10. Jens Voigt takes aim at the gossip magazines. Are Jen and that bloke actually married, or did they end it before they tied the knot? I guess we’ll never know.