Cyclists and Twitter is often a fantastic combination, allowing the fans a behind the scenes look at what goes on in and around the professional peloton. Here are some of the tweets that caught our eye this week, including ones from Jesse Sergent, Victoria Pendleton and Molly Weaver.
1. Victoria Pendleton has swapped bikes for horses and came eighth (out of 11) in her first race this week
>> Save up to 31% with a magazine subscription. Enjoy the luxury of home delivery and never miss an issue <<
2. Molly Weaver came second in the National Championships time trial and got a little more than she bargained for in the champagne celebration.
3. Mark Cavendish‘s diet tip: ask your daughter for a compliment
4. We’re not sure this tweet from Geraint Thomas is appropriate to share, but it did make us chuckle
5. On the day when Jesse Sergent was taken out by a neutral service car at the Tour of Flanders, Matt Brammeier won a shed-load of beer. Brammeier saved a case for his fellow breakaway partner.
6. Understatement of the year from Alex Dowsett
7. Good advice from Matt Winston, sports director at One Pro Cycling
8. Peter Kennaugh gives some Tour de France tips
Dani King shows us her scars