Ten tweets that caught our eye this week from the world of cycling
Cyclists and Twitter is often a fantastic combination, allowing the fans a behind the scenes look at what goes on in and around the professional peloton. Here are some of the tweets that caught our eye this week, including ones from Alex Dowsett, Marco Pinotti and Fabian Cancellara.
1. What the actual hell is going on? As an April Fool’s joke, Trek quipped that Cancellara would be releasing his own scent. Three months later and Swiss rider appears to ACTUALLY be releasing an ‘Amulet of Spartacus’, which costs a cool €870. Don’t all buy at once.
2. Nathan Haas describes how he can buy the full coffee stop order for a tenner, but Rohan Dennis points out a bigger issue.
4. Twenty-five years is a long time in cycling. And in life…
5. Andy Tennant just busted this chap and his sex kitten
6. Now for two very interesting tweets about sleep.
7. The great Eddy Merckx turned 70 this week and he still looks in pretty decent shape as he headed out on the road with his son.
8. David Millar came outside of the time limit
9. You can take the boy out of Wales but you can’t stop Geraint Thomas watching programmes about sheep.
10. It happens to the best of us, Gabriella.
Geraint Thomas talks to Cycling Weekly