Ten tweets that caught our eye this week from the professional peloton
Cyclists and Twitter is often a fantastic combination, allowing the fans a behind the scenes look at what goes on in the professional peloton. Here are some of the tweets that caught our eye this week, including ones from Chris Horner, Charly Wegelius and Gregory Rast
1. I hope this Astana press officer booked his birthday off well in advance, or at least had cake brought for him today. I imagine it’s a pretty stressful day for his department.
2. Thomas Dekker defied the odds by coming just a lap shy of breaking the Hour Record, and here’s how he felt.
3. The UCI had the last laugh on the night, however, as broadcasting issues made it terrible viewing for the public and somewhat overshadowed the event.
4. Never call the Honey Badger, Charly, the Honey Badger will call you…
5. Jens Voigt may have had a stellar professional career, including Tour de France stage wins and an Hour Record, but could he do it on a cold, rainy Wednesday in Stoke?
6. Laura Trott’s Matrix Fitness-Vulpine team may have had their launch in Stoke on Trent, but Madison Genesis weren’t to be outdone, choosing glamour over austerity by heading to Milton Keynes.
7. Helen Wyman speaks the truth.
8. Dan ‘From Nam’ Craven is clearly a bit more wild than we first thought.
9. Chris Horner bores this little fella out with the stories of his 20-year professional career. It’s unclear whether the kid is the 43-year-old’s son or grandson…
10. Gregory Rast shows us that he only gained €462 in prize money for helping Fabian Cancellara to second place at last year’s Milan-San Remo. One can only assume the team were fined €1,094 for Spartacus being so badass.