As we all know, cyclists and Twitter is often a fantastic combination, allowing the fans a behind the scenes look at what goes on in and around the professional peloton. Here are some of the tweets that caught our eye this week, including ones from Lizzie Deignan and Phil Gaimon.
1. Andre Greipel certainly put the effort in to try and beat Peter Sagan on stage four of the Eneco Tour
2. Unfortunately the Eneco Tour organisers couldn’t manage to spell his name right on the stage two time trial…
3. Owain Doull has a few traffic problems
4. Alex Dowsett is pretty excited about Friday’s Eneco Tour TTT
5. Geraint Thomas isn’t so excited now that Vasil Kiryienka is out of the race…
6. Phil Gaimon is a big fan of transparency in cycling
7. A solid meme from Dowsett’s coaching company.
8. Fabian Cancellara is letting his hair down before he retires
9. Lizzie Armitstead changes her name to Deignan and causes widespread confusion
10. And Mark McNally has hunger problems