Cyclists and Twitter is often a fantastic combination, allowing the fans a behind the scenes look at what goes on in the professional peloton. Here’s some of the tweets that caught our eye this week, including ones from Geraint Thomas, Fabian Cancellara and Joanna Rowsell.
1. Former track world champion Chris Newton doesn’t think much of former track world champion Ed Clancy’s team talks.
2. Fabian Cancellara has a bit of friendly banter with Gert Steegmans, who crashed on the first race at Challenge Mallorca.
3. Dan ‘From Nam’ Craven is used to spending a lot of time at the front of the bunch in Europcar training sessions.
4. If you didn’t know what the weather was like up north this week, just follow a bunch of pro cyclists on Twitter. Jo Rowsell confirmed that it was, indeed, snowing. A lot.
5. Australians! Geraint Thomas thinks you’re terrible drivers. Luckily he’s got a tip for how you can overcome it.
6. Ian Bibby wins at Twitter once again.
7. Oh, Frank Schleck. Last week you fool us into thinking you’re attempting the Hour Record in 2015, now you’re getting a bowl of coffee at breakfast. When will it end?
8. Thanks, David Millar, for giving a lesser-known page on the Cycling Weekly website a massive boost this week.
9. It’s good to get your favourite race out of the way early in the season. Luke Rowe sounds like he has nothing to look forward to from now on.
10. Lizzie Armitstead wasn’t held up by too much snow this week, as this lovely picture of the moorland shows us.