Cyclists and Twitter is often a fantastic combination, allowing the fans a behind the scenes look at what goes on in and around the professional peloton. Here are some of the tweets that caught our eye this week, including ones from Peter Kennaugh, Jens Voigt and Chris Froome.
1. Lotto-Soudal’s Greg Henderson battled through several stages of the Tour with two broken ribs. It’s unsure whether the week’s menu was decided before the diagnosis…
2. Laurens Ten Dam also had a few culinary issues, but this was more to do with his hotel’s poor selection of free biscuits.
3. Chris Froome‘s Tour almost suffered a setback when he was nudged by a Katusha rider’s backside in this video.
4. It turns out Jens Voigt IS actually Jesus!
7. Geraint Thomas is looking forward to all the first week carnage to be over.
8. The Cannondale-Garmin shower will have taken a battering after stage four, with Ryder Hesjedal looking as if he was experimenting with some new face paint.
9. Peter Kennaugh was really enjoying carrying a GoPro on his bike on stage three.
10. But luckily for Kennaugh, he wasn’t the only Team Sky rider to look a bit uncool this week.