Ten tweets that caught our eye this week from the professional peloton
Cyclists and Twitter is often a fantastic combination, allowing the fans a behind the scenes look at what goes on in the professional peloton. Here are some of the tweets that caught our eye this week, including ones from Andy Schleck, Dan Craven and Ned Boulting.
1. Wednesday’s Flèche Wallonne got a bit of a bad press among the cycling journalists on Twitter. But then, it was an incredibly boring race.
2. It sounds like Owain Doull and Sam Harrison are number 9s on our list of riders you see on every club run
3. Meanwhile, Dan Craven was in the mood for love after Tro Bro Leon. Unfortunately the pig he puckered up for was having none of it…
4. Andy Schleck’s son was just as confused about how his dad was on TV as the rest of us were.
5. It’s a family affair for Alex Dowsett’s Hour Record practice. I bet Wiggo doesn’t get his mum in on the action.
6. A few Team Sky riders had tumbles at Flèche Wallonne and broke their bikes. Mechanic Gary Blem got his own back by wolfing this monster meal down. See Gary talking about the Sky Pinarello’s in our video.
7. And here we were thinking Cadel Evans must have had a boring childhood…
8. Peter Kennaugh had a pretty tough time at Amstel Gold Race, recording a DNF. This tweet could explain why he didn’t finish Flèche Wallonne on Wednesday either.
9. Ross Edgar rolled back the years on Bradley Wiggins’s career, which I’m sure Wiggo was delighted about.
10. And finally…there’s no words to describe this tweet by Oleg Tinkov. If he hadn’t alienated enough Danes by ditching Bjarne Riis, he then tried to make some banter about the country’s new legislation about fornication with animals.