Who do you think deserves to be recognised as Cycling Weekly‘s Cyclist of the Year 2007?
We want your nomination for the rider whose achievements have been outstanding this season.
But we don’t just want to hear about the superstars and household names.
We want to recognise the unsung heroes of the sport.
Whether it’s a club-mate, friend, rival racer, we want to hear abour riders of all ages and abilities in all disciplines.
* Do you know someone who went through agony to complete their first cyclo-sportive?
* Or a novice racer who achieved some great results despite inexperience.
* Or someone who has recovered from illness or injury without losing their passion for the bike.
* Or a committed rider who has raised a fortune for charity through cycling.
* It could be anyone of any age and ability in any discipline of cycling – the only criteria is that their achievements deserve recognition.
So we want to hear the stories in much first-hand detail as possible.
And we’ll need you to explain your nomination. Obviously, the less well-known the rider, the more compelling the testimony will need to be to grab the attention of our judging panel so don’t hold back on giving fully-deserved praise.
The overall winner will be announced in the magazine at the end of the year with the best of the other nominations featuring on this website. Winners in a range of special categories will ensure the most deserving riders are honoured in Cycling Weekly?s Hall of Fame 2007.
We look forward to reading them. Closing date for nominations: December 7, 2007.
HOW TO NOMINATE YOUR RIDER OF THE YEAR 2007
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject header: Rider of the year 2007
NOMINATION: (the rider you wish to nominate)
CLUB / TEAM: (the rider’s club or team)
YOUR NAME: (your name)
YOUR REASONS: (please give the reasons for your nomination in as much detail as you can)