Cyclists and Twitter is often a fantastic combination, allowing the fans a behind the scenes look at what goes on in the professional peloton. Here are some of the tweets that caught our eye this week, including ones from Yaroslav Popovych, Dan Craven and Fran Millar.
1. Mark Cavendish met James Bond this week
>> Struggling to get to the shops? Try 6 issues of Cycling Weekly magazine for just £6 delivered to your door <<
2. Sir Chris Hoy’s life will be a whole lot easier now that Premier League football referee Chris Foy has retired.
3. To be fair, Yaroslav, we’d all like to be called Fabio for a day…
4. It was a bad day for Mike Cuming on Wednesday, but it got worse on Thursday when he didn’t finish the stage at the An Post Ras after a nasty crash.
5. Fran Millar’s cabbie is an expert at Ken Bruce’s Pop Master.
6. Chris Horner defended Richie Porte after he was given a penalty at the Giro d’Italia with this excellent picture. Neither rider was punished, apparently.
7. Is Brian Cookson on Tinder??
8. IAM Cycling shared a vomit-inducing picture of Matteo Pelucchi’s ankle. Unsurprisingly he pulled out of the Giro d’Italia.
9. I can’t work out if Tom Danielson is shocked at the fact that a guy was carrying a chainsaw in public, or the fact that he was arrested for it…
10. Tao Geoghegan Hart, who finished 13th at the Tour of California, received a few words of wisdom from the greatest of them all, Eddy Merckx.