All content archive
Filter (286 articles)
- September 30th
- September 29th
- Strava artist wins award for latest cycling creation in Bristol
- Mikel Landa: I was too impulsive for Team Sky
- Chris Froome reveals the extraordinary nocturnal training regime that he tried on his way to success
- Marco Pantani's parents lose high court appeal on ruling over his death
- Could Chris Froome ride the 2018 Tour de Yorkshire? Race organisers aim to attract Tour de France star
- Unlock winter with dhb this season (video)
- Peter Sagan wins so many races because the standard of other riders has dropped, claims Oscar Freire
- Greg Van Avermaet ends season early with WorldTour win secured
- Germain Burton returns to racing with new JLT Condor contract
- September 28th
- Five per cent increase in number of cyclists killed and seriously injured in Britain
- Watch: Phil Gaimon's latest 'Worst Retirement Ever' video has an unexpected ending
- Katie Archibald column: ‘I managed to avoid cooking a single meal for three months’
- Brompton recalls three year's worth of bikes – what you need to know
- Dimension Data sign British 'talent of the future' Scott Davies
- Simon Geschke seeks reassurance from team that he won't get 'banned' for having a beard
- Tour de Yorkshire 2018 host towns revealed
- World Championships 2017 cash shortfall: Norwegians crowdfunding to help Bergen
- Britain’s Best Bike Shop 2017: Winner and results revealed
- Tragic death of London cyclist killed by a tipper lorry inspires new play
- Essential guide to prostate health for cyclists
- September 27th
- Anti-doping laboratory used to test Tour de France samples suspended by WADA
- Crunching the numbers: How does Chris Froome compare with cycling’s greats?
- 31 things you always wanted to know about cycling, but were afraid to ask
- Bradley Wiggins’s luxury motorhome sells at auction for nearly £50,000
- Judge condemns 'indescribably selfish' driver who fled after killing cyclist in hit-and-run crash
- Peter Sagan says fourth consecutive world title 'not impossible' despite mountainous 2018 course
- Cyclist dies after being hit by lorry in central London
- Philippe Gilbert targets Milan-San Remo and Paris-Roubaix as he looks to win all five Monuments
- September 26th
- 'One of the biggest injustices in sport': Alberto Contador still angry at doping ban and loss of Grand Tour titles
- Steve Cummings wins first race back after being left out of World Championships road race
- Riders with beards banned from racing for Belgian team
- Jason Kenny begins build-up to Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games at Revolution Series
- Women's version of Team Sky could be created by British Cycling for top female riders
- The Maratona dles Dolomites — an idiot’s guide
- Italian manager takes the blame after Gianni Moscon DQ'd from Worlds for taking tow from team car
- Deda Elementi SL38C wheelset review
- Mario Cipollini berates 'boring' races where Chris Froome and Peter Sagan dominate
- Riders to face bans for holding on to team cars and going through level crossings from 2018
- The things we all love about cycling
- Ride With... Chester Road Club
- American cyclist enters Velo Birmingham thinking it's in Alabama; travels to the UK to ride it anyway
- Canyon Endurace AL 7.0 Disc review
- Paul Oldham's modified, Three Peaks winning Scott Addict CX
- September 25th
- Importing banned steroids into the UK should be made illegal, says UKAD
- Operation Close Pass hailed a success as West Midlands Police see a reduction in cyclist casualties
- Man set to plead not guilty over death of Chris Boardman's mother
- Watch: Austrian rider rages at spectators after fan's jacket causes crash at World Championships
- Five climbs you‘ve probably never heard of but need to go and ride
- Ribble Gran Fondo Disc review
- Crowdfunding campaign raises £3k to replace trike stolen from disabled rider
- This Icelandic company has come up with an ingenious way to make motorists slow down
- Paul Oldham and Christina Wiejak win 2017 Three Peaks Cyclocross titles (gallery)
- Here's what happened in the last four kilometres of the World Championships road race (video)
- Tech of the week: the 'lightest production bike' in the world, custom world champs Pinarellos, dhb shoes and much more
- September 24th
- Five talking points from the World Championships elite men's road race
- Watch: Gianni Moscon disqualified from World Championships for taking a tow from team car
- Peter Sagan reflects on 'unbelievable' Worlds win as he dedicates victory to Michele Scarponi
- Three in a row: Peter Sagan wins World Championships road race to take his third rainbow jersey
- September 23rd
- Lizzie Deignan hails 'incredible' Great Britain women's team performance at World Champs
- Chantal Blaak nets elite women's road race world title despite crash
- Denmark's Julius Johansen takes junior men's road race world title; Briton Jake Stewart fifth
- A knee-jerk 'dangerous cycling' law isn't the solution to Britain's road problems
- Team car collides with rider during under-23 men's Worlds road race (video)
- September 22nd
- Frenchman Benoît Cosnefroy wins under-23 men's road race world title; Brit Wood fourth
- Lizzie Deignan to relish being a 'total unknown' at the World Championships
- Everything you need to know about the SRAM CX1 groupset
- John Degenkolb 'hospitalised' after suffering 'serious lack of power'
- Alberto Contador: 'I could have raced for two more years'
- Tifosi unveil 'lightest production bike' in the world, weighing just 4.6kg for a complete build
- Tweets of the week: Bradley Wiggins, Tom Dumoulin, Mark Cavendish and more
- Elena Pirrone adds junior road race world title to time trial win (video)
- Classy commuting: Boardman's new urban and steel framed ranges revealed
- Greg Van Avermaet 'not afraid' of key Worlds rivals Peter Sagan and Michael Matthews
- September 21st
- 'US Cycling is not in a crisis, but a transitional phase'
- Daily Mail accuses Evans Cycles of 'publicity stunt' for ads blacklist
- Katie Archibald column: 'My road season ended with my head in the toilet'
- Need for a 'dangerous cycling' law to be reviewed by British government
- Chris Froome: 'Worlds time trial bronze an amazing end to an unforgettable season'
- Simon Gerrans to join BMC Racing from Orica-Scott
- Tour de Yorkshire increased to four days for 2018, women's race up to two days
- Watch: Police shove fan off road as he chases Tony Martin during Worlds time trial (video)
- September 20th
- Team Sky riders receive stunning custom Pinarellos ahead of the Worlds road race
- Tom Dumoulin smashes rivals to take time trial world title; Froome claims bronze
- Dhb launches four new shoes to market
- Crash for Tao Geoghegan Hart spoils chance of good Worlds time trial ride
- Twitter reacts to controversial bike changeover at World Champs time trial (video)
- Dr. Hutch: Taking on the Cape Wrath
- Monsal Hill-Climb has record number of entries for 2017 event
- 'Two angry Manxmen' Mark Cavendish and Peter Kennaugh team up for London Six Day
- 'I thought my power meter was wrong': Tom Dumoulin hails sensational day at Worlds TT
- Chris Froome on Worlds TT: 'I couldn't just sit at home and think 'what if''
- September 19th
- Teams to be restricted to seven riders per race, eight for Grand Tours
- Aero road helmets: can they make you faster?
- Annemiek van Vleuten wins elite women's time trial as Dutch dominate
- Mark Beaumont's amazing around-the-world cycling record on Strava
- Evans Cycles stops advertising with the Daily Mail, Daily Express and Sun over contradiction of 'core values'
- 'Chris Froome won't remain one of the greats without the Giro d'Italia on his palmarès'
- Britain's Tom Pidcock claims junior time trial title at 2017 World Championships
- Is it worth riders making bike changes for the final climb of the Worlds time trial?
- Selle San Marco Mantra Superleggera Open saddle review
- Orro Bikes buyer's guide: everything you need to know about the British Brand
- Good Friday Track Meeting forced to close after making 'considerable losses'
- Controversy surrounds bike changes during men's time trial world championship
- Lauren Dolan finishes World Championships race despite horrendous crash injuries
- September 18th
- Mark Beaumont smashes two world records after cycling around world in under 80 days
- Britain's Chris Lawless out of World Championships with illness
- Denmark's Mikkel Bjerg puts in unstoppable performance to win men's U23 time trial world title
- Sir Bradley Wiggins unveils Tom Simpson memorial in County Durham
- How many bike brands can you identify from their logos?
- Fixie rider Charlie Alliston handed 18-month prison sentence over death of Kim Briggs
- Success for Italy in World Championships junior women's individual time trial (video)
- Geraint Thomas: 'It was the worst time trial in my life'
- Team Sky confirms signing of Dylan Van Baarle for 2018
- Graeme Obree's 'Beastie' bike among his memorabilia up for auction
- September 17th
- September 16th
- September 15th
- Brent Bookwalter out of World Champs after slow recovery from Tour of Britain car collision
- Assos CS.speedfire Chronosuit S7 review
- Let's talk about sex: How to account for the gender performance gap?
- Denton police attracts Twitter criticism after saying it would fine cyclists not following 'good practice'
- Five things to watch out for in the 2017 Road World Championships time trials
- Geoff Thomas reveals motivation behind riding route of all three 2017 Grand Tours
- Rival teams lend Danish squad time trial bikes after thieves raid team van overnight
- September 14th
- BMC Crossmachine CX01 review
- Mark Cavendish back in action in trio of one-day races after missing out on World Championships
- Watch: This revolutionary sensor can measure your drag coefficient in real time
- Mark Beaumont set to complete 80-day around-the-world trip one day ahead of schedule
- Shimano Ultegra R8000 vs Dura-Ace 9100: What are the main differences?
- Team Sky reportedly close to signing promising Cannondale-Drapac rider
- Aldi's winter cycling kit range expands in every way except the price
- How to dress like a cyclist (video)
- Dani King returns to Revolution after three year absence
- Lotto-Soudal rider reveals how he rode 17 stages of Vuelta a España with broken wrist and ribs
- 'I'm off to get another drink': Spanish cyclist has laid back attitude to €1,000 fine for riding while drunk
- Steve Cummings pulls out of World Championships after being selected for TT instead of road race
- Dan Martin on Quick-Step Floors: 'There's never celebration when you get second'
- Australia name full women's World Championships squad after initially filling just five of seven places
- How to self-test for weaknesses that could affect your cycling
- September 13th
- Five ways Apple has made the iPhone X an actual useful cycling accessory
- Severe weather and rider protest causes cancellation of Tour of Denmark stage (video)
- Team Sky reveal the six riders who will go for World Championships team time trial title
- Scarecrow of Brent Bookwalter crashing into parked car at Tour of Britain gets thumbs up from recovering rider
- Former British Cycling chief bids to return as director
- 16-week sentence for driver who 'used vehicle as weapon' and swerved into cycling club run
- Apple adds altimeter to the Apple Watch Series 3, actually making it useful to cyclists
- 21-year-old British climber James Knox to turn pro with Quick-Step Floors in 2018
- Six things you need to know about the World Championships team time trials
- Alex Dowsett relishing chance of Marcel Kittel lead-out role with Katusha in 2018
- Alberto Contador greeted by huge crowd chanting 'one more year' as he returns home after Vuelta
- Vincenzo Nibali and Alex Dowsett to appear at Cycle Show
- September 12th
- Boardman ATT 9.2 Time Trial Bike review
- Police appeal for information after tacks cause hundreds of punctures in Scottish sportive
- Drunk driver who hit cyclist before fleeing scene and continuing to drink given two years in prison
- Alice Barnes leaves Drops to join sister Hannah at Canyon-SRAM
- Police seek cyclist who may have witnessed woman falling from Hownsgill viaduct
- Vincenzo Nibali set to miss World Championships as he recovers from fractured rib
- Chris Froome and Lizzie Deignan head up confirmed Great Britain World Championships team
- Could Chris Froome win the Giro d’Italia in the same year as the Tour de France and Vuelta a España?
- Russian cyclists file lawsuit against WADA after being barred from Rio Olympics
- Watch: Two cyclists spotted out for a ride in Hurricane Irma in background of US news report
- Ride With... Hinckley Cycle Racing Club
- September 11th
- Watch: Sven Nys wows crowd with his cyclocross skills (video)
- Car-dooring is not a joke and needs to be addressed by government, says cycling group
- Movistar confirm new women's team and bright blue jersey for 2018 season
- Vuelta a España team report: Who failed, who excelled?
- Tyler Farrar announces retirement from professional cycling
- Vincenzo Nibali: 'Chris Froome isn't invincible'
- Chris Froome takes aim at 2018 Tour de France, but tilt at Giro d'Italia not out of the question
- Team Sky top UCI WorldTour ranking after Froome's Vuelta a España victory
- September 10th
- Chris Froome seals historic Vuelta a España victory as Matteo Trentin wins stage 21
- Diego Ulissi wins GP Montréal from late breakaway group
- Tour-Vuelta double places Chris Froome among the true greats of cycling
- Alexander Kristoff says Tour of Britain frustrations sum up his season
- Edvald Boasson Hagen takes solo victory on Tour of Britain stage eight as Boom wins overall
- Chris Froome: 'Vuelta win seals my place in cycling’s history'
- September 9th
- Five talking points from stage 20 of the Vuelta a España
- Alberto Contador: 'I couldn’t have had a more beautiful finish than Angliru victory'
- Cannondale-Drapac team announces new title sponsor for 2018
- Chris Froome secures historic Vuelta a España overall victory, as Alberto Contador wins on Angliru
- Dylan Groenewegen wins Tour of Britain stage seven as team-mate Boom stays in lead
- Favourites for World Championships expecting weather to dictate outcome
- Madison Genesis seeking Tour of Britain success: 'Today suits us better'
- September 8th
- Seven of the best of Peter Sagan's 100 pro wins
- Peter Sagan beats Greg Van Avermaet to victory at GP Québec 2017
- ‘For a breakaway to stick at the Tour of Britain it would have to be a lucky day’
- Chris Froome expecting fireworks from Alberto Contador on Angliru finale
- Chris Froome safely keeps Vuelta a España lead on stage 19 as De Gendt wins from break
- Bike Channel confirms closure after failing to find a buyer
- Caleb Ewan sprints to third victory on Tour of Britain stage six
- Steve Cummings given 'free role' in GP Québec as he returns from injury
- Giro Savant MIPS helmet review
- Wheels, clothes and shoes: Highlights from Mavic’s 2018 range
- Cannondale CAAD12 range: the pinnacle of aluminium road bikes?
- Bkool reveals two new smart trainers right in time for your winter training
- Kenny Elissonde: How I won on the Alto de l'Angliru (video)
- Bike Channel-Canyon will continue to race in 2018 despite TV channel's closure
- Best bike stands for home workshops
- Cannondale-Drapac looks set to continue into 2018
- Alex Dowsett: Tour of Britain stage five 'the best club 10 I've ever done'
- Which person has had the most influence on your cycling life?
- September 7th
- Chris Froome: 'Our plan worked to perfection'
- Dan Martin: 'I learned this year that I can win the Tour de France'
- Chris Froome strengthens grip on Vuelta a España red jersey as Vincenzo Nibali dropped on stage 18
- Sportive riders 'beaten with sticks' by protestors angry at road closures
- Lars Boom wins Tour of Britain stage five time trial to take overall lead
- How close do you need to be to benefit from drafting?
- Eating disorders and pro cycling: American rider Ben King reveals battle with bulimia (video)
- Mark Beaumont picks his five best places to cycle in the world
- Five reasons why every student needs cycle insurance
- Four reasons why Chris Froome could still lose the Vuelta a España
- Watch: Farmer creates giant bike out of sheep in amazing display for Tour of Britain
- Cycling could be included in dangerous driving laws as Charlie Alliston case prompts government action
- Triathlon suits: everything you need to know
- So close, yet so far for Madison Genesis as Tour of Britain breakaway comes close to succeeding
- Tour of Britain 2017: stage five individual time trial start times
- Jasmijn Muller abandons LEJOG record attempt ride
- September 6th
- Brent Bookwalter in 'stable and non-critical' condition after crashing into parked car at Tour of Britain
- Vincenzo Nibali: Chris Froome showing 'no sign of weakness' despite time loss
- Fernando Gaviria holds off Elia Viviani to win Tour of Britain stage four sprint finish
- Chris Froome still confident of Vuelta a España victory despite losing time on stage 17
- Chris Froome loses time to rivals on stage 17 but keeps Vuelta a España lead
- Dr Hutch: The absurdity of doping excuses
- Santini Beta jackets are designed for cool, wet or cold riding
- Geraint Thomas on Grand Tour leadership: 'It’s something I still want to give another go'
- Two riders disqualified from Tour of Britain for riding on pavement to attack from bunch
- Mavic Vision arm-warmers review
- Six best sportives to ride over the last months of 2018
- Vuelta a España riders go for super-low gearing to tackle monster climb
- Madison Genesis are glutton for punishment with Tour of Britain breakaway attempts
- Primal B-Leaf Women's Cycling Jersey review
- Today's Vuelta a España stage finishes on an incredible 31% climb, and these photos show just how tough it is
- Jasmijn Muller embarks upon 1000-mile record ride
- Andrew Talansky announces retirement from pro cycling
- September 5th
- Chris Froome: 'I wasn't getting many time checks in Vuelta time trial. I assumed it was not good news'
- Chris Froome takes emphatic time trial victory on Vuelta a España stage 16 to extend overall lead
- Caleb Ewan wins another close sprint finish in Tour of Britain to move back into race lead
- 'Mark Cavendish won't go to the World Championships just to put a race number on'
- Mikel Landa excited to go head-to-head with 'best in the world' Chris Froome in 2018
- Two people charged over death of Chris Boardman's mum after she was hit by pick-up truck
- Greg Van Avermaet and Philippe Gilbert lead Belgium super-squad for Worlds road race
- Chris Froome 'not expecting to take huge amounts of time' in Vuelta a España stage 16 time trial
- Jens Voigt turns up to club 10-mile time trial; rides it twice, first on tandem then as two-up
- Vuelta a España 2017: stage 16 individual time trial start times
- September 4th
- Boasson Hagen: 'I didn't try to block Viviani. I'm really sorry'
- Taylor Phinney apologises after being disqualified from Tour of Britain for railway crossing incident
- Alberto Contador on retirement: 'I'll gain weight and you'll make jokes about it'
- Elia Viviani wins stage two of Tour of Britain after Edvald Boasson Hagen relegated
- Some of the terrifying things cyclists hide from during a bike ride
- Caleb Ewan: I'll have more rivals in my career than just Fernando Gaviria
- New Orbea Gain: the e-bike that doesn’t look like an e-bike
- Rudy Project Tralyx Sunglasses review
- Hayley Simmonds and Dan Bigham take National 10-mile time trial titles
- UCI testing could be missing hidden motors in bikes, report suggests
- First look: Garmin's new Vector 3 and 3s pedal power meters (video)
- September 3rd
- Adam Yates vows to attack again in search of Vuelta a España stage win after falling short on stage 15
- Alberto Contador: 'It was a risk to attack, but I have no regrets'
- Chris Froome concentrating on Nibali but admits Lopez could become a threat at Vuelta a España
- Annemiek Van Vleuten wins Boels Rental Ladies Tour proving the Dutch are team to beat at Worlds
- Chris Froome extends Vuelta a España lead after neutralising Contador and Nibali's attacks on stage 15
- Caleb Ewan wins opening stage of 2017 Tour of Britain in close bunch sprint
- Chris Froome outlines how he'll avoid a repeat of time loss that cost him the 2016 Vuelta a España
- September's best tech: Giro Techlace shoes, Lazer Bullet helmet and Wahoo Elemnt Mini computer
- September 2nd
- Rivals 'knew Froome would come back' on Vuelta summit finish despite attacks, says Alberto Contador
- Chris Froome happy to hold back and in control with eye on tough Vuelta a España stage 15
- Michael Woods: 'I hope Vaughters saves Cannondale-Drapac, but I can't afford to let options pass by'
- Chris Froome fends off attacks as Rafal Majka wins Vuelta a España stage 14 summit finish
- Should power meters be banned from pro racing?
- Tour of Britain start list 2017
- September 1st
- Team Sky's Gianni Moscon: 'I saw the chance to sprint and thought why not?'
- No fear for Team Sky as they prepare to defend Chris Froome's lead on Vuelta's toughest weekend
- Matteo Trentin makes it three wins as Froome finishes seventh on Vuelta a España stage 13
- Jasmijn Muller to attempt to break LEJOG and 1000 mile records
- Look updates its Kéo Blade pedals
- Chris Froome 'thankful' despite hip pain after Vuelta a España crash
- Ridley X-Night Disc Rival 1 (video)
- Canyon Inflite CF SLX (video)
- Mark Cavendish confirmed for Tour of Britain as Dimension Data reveal strong team
- Kinesis CXRace Evo (video)
- Cannondale SuperX (video)
- Boardman CXR 9.4 (video)
- Team Sky sign British under-23 road champ Chris Lawless
- Katusha-Alpecin's Maxim Belkov releases statement over pushing incident on Vuelta stage 12